Joining Troop 15 or 1015


To join our troops, you’ll need to print out the following forms and bring them to the next meeting:

In addition, please provide an electronic copy of both the Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A & B and the Troops 15 & 1015 Continuing Medical Release and Permission Slip to Lisa Linnenkohl.

New Scout’s Contact Information

Please email Scoutmasters Todd and Lisa with the following contact information:

  • Scout’s name
  • Date of birth
  • Scout’s email address (if different from parent/guardian)
  • Name(s) of parent(s)/guardian(s)
  • Email address(es) of  parent(s)/guardian(s)
  • Scout’s home address
  • Phone number


For Scouts joining after the first of the year and before Summer Camp, the due are prorated at $50 plus an additional $20 for a Troop Class B t-shirt.  (Annual dues thereafter are $100 and due in October.)  Please use our PayPal link to submit your dues and t-shirt payment.  NOTE:  The payment will be made to “Larry Stadtner” as he’s our Treasurer. Under “Add special instructions to the seller” please indicate your Scout’s name and their t-shirt size.  Your Scout can pick up his t-shirt at the next meeting.


As we want all youth to be able to participate in our program, scholarships are available to offset the cost of dues and activity fees for those families in need.  Please contact our Scoutmasters or to inquire about a scholarship.


The regular uniform is referred to as a Class A uniform. You can get all the parts & patches you’ll need at the Marin Council Trading Post in San Rafael.  Just let them know you’re with Troop 15 or Troop 1015 and they’ll get you set up with what you’ll need.  Please note that both troops provide each new Scout with a neckerchief, slide, and a handbook.

More information on Class A uniforms and where to sew the patches can be found here.

Signing Up for Events

Troops 15 and 1015 do all of our trip planning via SignUpGenius and all payments are done via PayPal, which is linked into the SignUpGenius form.  For trips that require advance planning, please be aware that the last day to sign up is typically about a week and a half before the actual event, sometimes even earlier depending on the Troop meeting schedule.  Sign-ups close the day before the actual Troop meeting so that the Scouts have a definitive list of attendees in order to plan their meals and assign Scouts to specific jobs.  Please help them out by respecting the sign-up dates.   Upcoming events are always posted here:

Council Newsletter

Please be sure to sign up for the Marin Council newsletter The Dispatch so that you don’t miss any important updates.  Click here.

Patrol Information

Scouts are split into Patrols to facilitate activities and rank advancement.  New Scouts are assigned to a Trail to First Class (TTFC) patrol which focuses on helping them achieve the ranks of Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class.  This patrol receives extra guidance from both an Assistant Scoutmaster, and older scouts.

Troop Committee and Adult Volunteers

While the Troops are youth-lead organizations and you’ll see this come into play as the Scout leadership runs meetings, plans events, etc., our Scouts are assisted by adult leaders.  Unlike Cub Scouts, the Boy Scout adult leaders are there to guide the Scouts but not to do the work for them.  For example, Scouts are responsible for cooking, setting up camp, and deciding in general what activities they would like to do over the course of the year.  At Troop meetings, Scouts do not need to have an Adult Partner like they did in Cub Scouts, though we adhere to the “2 Deep” leadership philosophy of having a minimum of 2 adults at each Scout function and parents/guardians are always welcome to observe the Troop activities.

If you are interested in helping the Troop as an adult leader, we’d certainly appreciate your assistance. You could be an Assistant Scoutmaster (ASM) or a member of the Troop Committee.  ASMs work directly with the Scouts while Committee members help out in staff type positions (e.g. Treasurer, Secretary, etc.) Please contact Committee Chair Mike Kelemen for details.

Adult leader applications can be found here and adults also need to complete the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A & B.  (This form does not require a physical but does require that you attach a photocopy of both sides of one’s medical insurance card.)  To attend Scout events over 72 hours, a physical is required.  Please use the BSA Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts ABC.  All adults must complete the BSA Youth Protection Training.