Please click on the following links for more information and to register for an event (NOTE: The sign-up dates occur before the date of the event and are noted as such below):
Events between January – December of 2021
- February 19th – 21st — Tamarancho Camping Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- February 21st — Female Eagle Scout Event — (Click to Sign Up)
- February 27th — Nuclear Science Day — (Click to Sign Up)
- March 20th — Troop Hike in the Bay Area — (Click to Sign Up)
- April 17th — Troop Beach Clean up — (Click to Sign Up)
- April 30th – May 2 — Tamarancho Camping Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- May 15th — Angel Island Bike/Hike Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- June 13th – 19th National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) — (Click to Sign Up)
- June 25th – 27th — Troop Camping Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- July 11th – 17th — Marin Sierra Summer Camp — (Click for Early Bird Sign Up)
- August 7th – 8th — Tomales Bay Kayaking Overnight — (Click to Sign Up)
- September 17th – 19th — Troop Camping/Coastal Clean-Up Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- October 8th – 10th — Trail To First Class (TTFC) Weekend — (Click to Sign Up)
- October 5th – 7th — Troop Backpacking Trip — (Click to Sign Up)
- November 13th — Serving Dinner for Those in Need — (Click to Sign Up)
- December 1st — Troop Holiday Party — (Click to Sign Up)
Class B Uniform:
- OPEN – Class B Aloha-wear: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040848a4aa2ba75-aloha
- Gear for each trip will vary depending on the activity but here is a Typical Troop Outing Packing List In addition, here’s the Summer Camp Packing List.
Why is important to sign up by the posted deadline?
Everyone gets busy and at times, items on the calendar or emails get overlooked. If a signup deadline has passed, the Troop will do its best to accommodate late sign ups; however, it’s important to know that it’s not as simple as just adding someone’s name to the SignUpGenius page.
Why do we set the sign-up deadline before a Troop meeting?
- We set the sign-up deadline before a meeting so the Scouts know who all is attending, who will be the patrol leaders, food purchasers, gear bringers, etc.
What documents are prepared before a Troop meeting?
- At the meeting, the Scoutmaster provides for them a hard copy of the final attendance list which he generates from SignUpGenius. He also generates a .pdf and uploads to our website (http://www.troop15marin.org/troop-itineraries-patrol-plans/) so the Scouts can reference it there as well.
What happens if someone asks to sign up late?
Adding someone after the deadline requires:
- Reopening the SignUpGenius for the latecomer to sign up and pay or send them to Paypal to donate and then adding them manually to the attendance list.
- Being on that list is critical for the Troop to ensure participants are covered by BSA insurance if something unfortunate were to occur.
- If the late attendee pays via Paypal, that means our Treasurer team needs to spend extra time reconciling a trip as the payment arrives in our account in a different manner.
- Deleting the final attendance .pdf, generating a new one, & uploading that to the website.
- Contacting the Scout who is doing the food purchasing or ensuring the adult who signed up late closes that loop so that there is the right amount of food.
- Reorganizing patrols, ensuring everyone has a tent mate, and that the jobs assigned for the trip are redistributed fairly since the Patrol Plan the Scouts developed the night of the meeting is no longer accurate.
- Updating the Patrol Plan and posting it in place of the original.
In essence, one late sign up means doing almost everything again for a second time or more, if multiple people ask to sign up after the deadline. So while it may not seem like it on the surface, it is more than just adding a name. It’s a time consuming process for the volunteers and the Scouts, too.
Thank you in advance for signing up on time. We all appreciate it!